I was recently introduced to oscar schmidt. I am not meaning the retired Brazilian professional basketball player, I’m meaning company which makes a line of musical instruments that range from stringed instruments, mandolins, guitars, banjos, ukuleles, and so much more. Apparently, these instruments are made of the premium woods, so expect real good quality hardware. They also come in modest prices. If you are interested to know more about them, check their website out.
1. Be a Fundamentalist — make sure the Fun always comes before the mental. Realize that life is a situation comedy that will never be canceled. A laugh track has been provided, and the reason why we are put in the material world is to get more material. Have a good laughsitive twice a day, and that will insure regularhilarity.
2. Remember that each of us has been given a special gift — just for entering. So you are already a winner!
3. The most powerful tool on the planet today is Tell-A-Vision. That is where I tell a vision to you, and you tell a vision to me. That way, if we don’t like the programming we’re getting, we can change the channel.
4. Life is like photography. You use the negative to develop. And, no matter what adversity you face, be reassured: Of course God loves you –He’s just not ready to make a commitment.
5. It is true. As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles tend to get caught between the ears, causing a condition called truth decay. So be sure to use mental floss twice a day. And when you’re tempted to practice tantrum yoga, remember what we teach in Swami’s Absurdiveness Training class: “Don’t get even, get odd.”
6. If we want world peace, we must let go of our attachments and truly live like nomads. That’s where I no mad at you, you no mad at me. That way, there’ll surely be nomadness on the planet. And peace begins with each of us. A little peace here, a little peace there, pretty soon all the peaces will fit together to make one big peace everywhere.
7. I know great earth changes have been predicted for the future, so if you’re looking to avoid earthquakes, my advice is simple. When you find a fault, just don’t dwell on it.
8. There’s no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world, and we’ll never have to change it again.
9. If you’re looking to find the key to the Universe, I have some bad news and some good news. The bad news is — there is no key to the Universe. The good news is — it has been left unlocked.
10. Finally, everything I have told you is channeled. That way, if you don’t like it, it’s not my fault. And remember, enlightenment is not a bureaucracy. So you don’t have to go through channels.
While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground. “That’s my son over there,” she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.
“He’s a fine looking boy” the man said. “That’s my son on the swing in the blue sweater.” Then, looking at his watch, he called to his son. “What do you say we go, Todd?” Todd pleaded, “Just five more minutes, Dad. Please? Just five more minutes.”
The man nodded and Todd continued to swing to his heart’s content. Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his son. “Time to go now?” Again Todd pleaded, “Five more minutes, Dad. Just five more minutes.” The man smiled and said, “O.K.”
“My, you certainly are a patient father,” the woman responded.
The man smiled and then said, “My older son Tommy was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Tommy and now I’d give anything for just five more minutes with him. I’ve vowed not to make the same mistake with Todd. He thinks he has five more minutes to swing. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch him play.”
Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities? Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today.
I have been looking for cool speakers to use for a rave. I need a powerful yet compact loudspeaker with awesome amplification to give it that crisp, mind blowing sound. More and more speakers are claiming that theirs have the best sound and so on and forth, but what really is the best in the market today? I found an efficient and lightweight loudspeaker, the QSC K10 10″ Powered PA Speaker and just looking at its specifications, I can say it has a really good potential. Plus, it has a GuardRail technology which protects the system from the damage of an overload.
I asked God to take away my pride. And God said “No”.
He said it was not for him to take away, but for me to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said “No”.
He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience. And God said “No”.
He said patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn’t granted, it is earned.
I asked God to give me happiness. And God said “No”.
He said he gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.
I asked God to spare me pain. And God said “No”.
He said suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said “No”.
He said I must grow on my own. But he will prune me to make me fruitful.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said “No”.
He said I will give you life, that you may enjoy all things.
I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me.
And God said, Ah, finally you have the idea.
Story: The young man had lost his job and didn’t know which way to turn. So he went to see the old preacher.
Pacing about the preacher’s study, the young man ranted about his problem. Finally he clenched his fist and shouted, “I’ve begged God to say something to help me. Tell me, Preacher, why doesn’t God answer?”
The old preacher, who sat across the room, spoke something in reply — something so hushed it was indistinguishable. The young man stepped across the room. “What did you say?” he asked.
The preacher repeated himself, but again in a tone as soft as a whisper. So the young man moved closer until he was leaning on the preacher’s chair. “Sorry,” he said. “I still didn’t hear you.” With their heads bent together, the old preacher spoke once more. “God sometimes whispers,” he said, “so we will move closer to hear Him.”
This time the young man heard and he understood.
We all want God’s voice to thunder through the air with the answer to our problem. But God’s is the still, small voice. . . the gentle whisper.
Perhaps there’s a reason. Nothing draws human focus quite like a whisper. God’s whisper means I must stop my ranting and move close to Him, until my head is bent together with His. And then, as I listen, I will find my answer. Better still, I find myself closer to God.
If you’re looking for a table runner to use during occasions, events, or even just to dress your very own table at home, you can’t do wrong with burlap and lace. It’s a nice addition to your already existing tablecloth, or even just an accent to a plain wooden or glass table. I like the sophistication that the combination of burlap and lace brings to the table. It makes the whole spread look classy. If you want to buy or check out if this is for you, click here.